Friday 17 January 2014

Bangkok: Second visit in 2013

Before I continue on Amsterdam, I'm gonna post some pics frm my recent Bangkok trip! I realized that I tend to jump frm countries to countries and I have loads of back-dated posts which I'm supposed to write abt but nvr got down to it (Eg. Shopping places in HK, Amsterdam part 2, Seoul etc)
Really sorry, I will get down to writing abt them soon!

(You can read my previous entries on Bangkok here: http://weilingweilingweiling.blogspot.ie/search/label/Bangkok)

Anywayz becos I couldn't get enough of the shopping and amazing desserts in Bangkok, I decided to make a short trip back to The Land of Smiles in Dec with my mom! Flights frm Singapore to Bangkok are usually cheap (you can easily get a return flight for less than SGD$200) but becos I only booked my tickets in late Oct, we paid abt SGD$350 per person!

Once again, we stayed in my dad's apartment located in Sathorn area. And of cos, with only 5 days to spare, we spent most of the time shopping and check out food places! Brought my mom to most of the places I've mentioned in my previous entries!

So just gonna post some of the pics I took during the trip, mostly food pics!
(For more info regarding these places, plz look at the previous entries -- link provided above)

Another Hound Café
1st floor, Siam Paragon
Nearest BTS: Siam
 
Finally decided to try the food in this restaurant! This restaurant serves mainly western food!


Sea bass gratin, 320 baht
Risotto with shiitake mushrooms and shrimp roe oil, 220 baht
Red velvet waffles, 160 baht
Banana milkshake, 95 baht

My mother ordered the sea bass gratin while I had the risotto. The risotto was okay, nothing special or remarkable abt the dish. I had the banana milkshake too which was disappointing. I'm a huge fan of banana milkshakes but the milkshake served here was slightly too diluted and not sweet enough! Also, for the price I paid, I was kinda expecting a bigger cup...
The red velvet waffles were the best thing we had that night! Absolutely divine!
 
In short, I'd say just visit this place for their desserts and DO NOT miss out on the red velvet waffles! You can skip the food here!
 
After You
 Ground floor, Siam Paragon
Nearest BTS: Siam
(Other outlets including Silom complex, Central Plaza Lardphrao etc)
 
Green tea mille crepe

Ferrero toast, 195 baht
Abt to dig into the best dessert I've ever had in my entire life!

Decided to be more adventurous this time and try sth besides their toast! Had the green tea mille crepe which wasn't too bad but I've tried better ones! Nonetheless, a good alternative to their famous toast!
 
Roast Café
2nd Floor, Seenspace
Thong Lor Soi 13
Nearest BTS: Thong Lo 

Don't rmb what this was but it was good!
Can nvr go wrong with this seafood stew!
French toast stuffed with bananas, strawberries and cream cheese
Banana pudding
Matcha latte

Visited Roast Café again this time round! I ordered the same dish again, the seafood stew, which was very yummy! My mom had the dish pictured in the first pic, which was equally satisfying!

Decided to try the desserts in Roast instead of heading to Mr Jones Orphanage. Both desserts looked really appetizing but sad to say, they fell short of my expectations. The French toast was far too sweet and after a few bites, it was just too much for me to handle. We could not even bring ourselves to finish it! The banana pudding was just awful.
Not sure if it's becos I ordered the wrong thing or all their desserts are equally bad. Sucha disappointment as the desserts looked really good!
 
Thai food

Mango sticky rice
Sliced pork noodles soup
Pig trotters
Clear tom yum soup

I was addicted to Thai sliced pork noodles soup this visit!!!! It's so yummy!!! If you haven't tried it before, plz do so! You can find it very easily at any food court or roadside stall! The soup is so flavourful and tasty!

Also, the pig trotters were really tender and juicy! Love it! And the clear tom yum soup was so good. Although I was crying while eating (lol cos it was so spicy!!!), I still managed to wipe out the whole bowl! Yum!

Okay that's more or less some of the photos I took during the trip! Gonna end off with a pic of MBK and its Christmas decorations (although Christmas is long over now haha)!


 
Have a great 2014 everyone! X

No comments:

Post a Comment