Thursday 29 August 2013

Singapore: High Tea at Brasserie Les Saveurs

Hi guys, my summer holidays are over and I'm back in Dublin now! Was looking through some of the photos I took over summer and decided to write an entry abt my high tea session at Brasserie Les Saveurs in St Regis Hotel!
 
Brasserie Les Saveurs
29 Tanglin Road
St Regis Singapore
Nearest MRT: Orchard

So I visited Brasserie Les Saveurs with my girlfriends during the National Day holiday.

 
 
Scones heaven: Truffle scones, Cranberry pistachio scones, Smoked duck scones etc.
 
 
My plate from round 1.

Our tier which includes mushroom soup, chicken pie, quiche and some sandwiches.
Crepe!!!
 
 
Me, Qixuan, Sammy and Xuanz!

I really like the ambience at Brasserie Les Saveurs. It's like the perfect place for an afternoon tea! Food wise, hmmm in my opinion I thought it was okay only? At approx SGD$54 per person, you get a tier and you can help yourself to the spread on the buffet table which includes a wide selection of scones, cakes, nyonya kuehs, fondue, crepes, ice cream, bread and butter pudding, apple crumble and sushi (Hopefully I didn't miss anything out!)

The food was nice but it wasn't like WOW FANTASTIC BABY. The scones weren't that good, it was quite dry and crumbly. The cakes were okay, I didn't try all of them but none stood out for me. I didn't even touch any of the sandwiches frm the tier becos I was too full and honestly, they didn't look very appetizing to me. BUT I did enjoy the crepe alot! You get to pick what you want to put in your crepe, and I went for blueberry and strawberry! It was soooo yummy!!!! The chocolate bread and butter pudding and apple crumble were pretty yummy too!

As for the drinks, you can pick between coffee or tea. But if you select coffee, you can't get it topped up. As for the tea, you get to pick from a selection of TWG tea and they can add water to your tea pot but you cannot change your tea. Was pretty annoyed by this cos I've been to a few high tea places and most places would allow you to change your tea at any point. Cannot believe that we can't do that in Brasserie Les Saveurs.

Overall, the high tea wasn't too bad. I enjoyed the company and the service was good. But given the option, I'd rather spend my SGD$54 elsewhere.

I WILL write abt Hong Kong soon!!!!! I am too lazy to get down to it sigh~ Okay bye!!! X

No comments:

Post a Comment