Tuesday 20 August 2013

Singapore: High Tea at Woobar


Apologies for being so inactive on my site! I knw I'm supposed to be writing abt trip to Hong Kong but I'm just so lazy! Promise to get that done soon! But for now, I'd like to share my high tea experience at Woobar with everyone!
 
Woobar
21 Ocean Way, Sentosa Cove
W Hotel Singapore
Nearest MRT: Harbourfront
 
My girlfriends and I really like having high tea tgt and today, we decided to visit Woobar at W Hotel! Located in Sentosa Cove, W Hotel isn't the most convenient place to visit in Singapore. To get there, we met up at Harbourfront station and took a cab down and it costs us abt SGD$8.40. It was my first time to Sentosa Cove and I must say that it's a really nice place albeit slightly inaccessible via public transport (But then again, all the rich people live there, so I guess transport wouldn't be an issue for them)
 
Woobar is kinda like a lounge area with sofa seats and low coffee tables, and it gives off a super chill/ laid-back vibe. At SGD$58 for 2 pax, I must say that the tea set is really affordable! My friends and I got 2 tea sets and it was only SGD$34 per person after GST and service charge!
 
The food was served in a silver bird cage and the whole set up looked so pretty! In addition to that, we had a platter of savory bites!
 
From L-R: Some cheese tart topped with tomatoes, Shrimp burger, Chocolate foie gras ganache tart with port wine jelly, Smoked salmon puff (Sorry I can't rmb the exact names!!!)

Raspberry and chocolate macarons!
Cranberry scones and chocolate chip scones with passionfruit jam and clotted cream.
Clockwise: Rice krispies, Lamington cake, Custard tart, Meringue topped with mango, Mille-feuille.
Complimentary chilled drip tea -- Not quite sure what this drink is except that it contains elderflower???
Me, Qixuan, Sam and Weixuan!

 

 
 
Overall, I'd say that high tea at Woobar isn't too bad! Service was excellent, apart frm the fact that the waiter thought that Sam and Weixuan were twins cos he said that they look alike??? ARE YOU SERIOUS........ But no, the servers were very helpful and attentive to our needs!
 
There is free flow of Fine Dilmah tea and you can change the drinks whenever you want! Pity becos there wasn't a wide selection and I prefer tea frm TWG! If I didn't rmb wrongly, there were 9 types for you to choose frm ranging frm black tea to oolong tea.
 
The savory bites weren't too bad! I really liked the smoked salmon puff thingy! The shrimp burger was okay, a little dry. And the cheese tart tasted like quiche. The worst of the lot had to be the chocolate foie gras ganache tart! When the waitress was introducing the items, she kept stressing that the chocolate foie gras ganache tart was her favourite and that it's simply delicious! But all of us thought otherwise. Qixuan couldn't even swallow it! It just tasted super weird, like it was kinda salty? Sorry, not my kinda thing~
 
All of us really liked the macarons! But their scones were a little too dry. The lamington cake wasn't too bad, it was fluffy and nice but I was too full then and didn't manage to finish it! The rest of the sweets weren't really impressive. The meringue and mille-feuille were just too sweet for my liking!
 
But I guess for only SGD$34 per person, it's really value for money and affordable! And there's an additional 15% discount if you're a SPG member!
 
All in all, definitely a lovely afternoon spent with my favourite girls!

Outfit theme for the day was peplum!

Okay promise to update abt my Hong Kong trip soon haha bye! X

No comments:

Post a Comment